Welcome to Athenree Homestead
Athenree Homestead was built by Irish settler/pioneers Hugh and Adela Stewart in 1879 and was a working farmhouse for 30 years up to their departure in 1906.
It played an important role in the history of Athenree
and Katikati - the whole area being part of a planned
After the Stewarts’ departure the property had various owners and several rooms of the house became derelict. However restoration work has been carried out by the Athenree Homestead Trust volunteers and local tradesmen over the years and the house is open to the public throughout the year.
We are finally re-opening the Homestead and Refreshment Rooms on Sunday 6th September, from 12 to 3 pm, so we look forward to welcoming you.
The Refreshment Rooms will be open for Athenree Teas on the first Sunday of the month from September until December. 12 - 3 pm.
From January to the end of March, opening hours will be every Sunday, from 12 to 4 pm.
The Refreshment Rooms and grounds are available for hire for that special occasion.